We are West One Music Group, a global production music company focused on bringing visuals to life, with a diverse and authentic music catalogue carefully crafted by our creative teams. Proudly independent since 2002, we have offices and production studios in 15 countries, 13 unique labels and a custom music division.
We currently have an opportunity for a dedicated and proactive Technical and Distribution Assistant to join our team in our London head office. In this role, you will be reporting to the Distribution Manager whilst also supporting the International Technical Manager and the Copyright Team.
There are many ways in which our clients find our music around the world – via our website, via Spotify and more. We require someone with a real love of data to join our thriving team to support both the distribution processes and the technical platforms that allow us to offer seamless and efficient service to our global customers.
Key Areas of Responsibility include:
- Working with the Distribution Manager to ensure our music and metadata is 100% accurately distributed to our clients, in whatever form this is needed
- Working with the International Technical Manager to ensure that our website is seamlessly updated each month with required audio, playlists and technical content
- Supporting our Copyright team with registration/society projects
This is a technical business to a business role, working with internal and external clients. It will entail working with data sets, tagging structures and tech systems as well as maintaining a commercial approach in prioritising activities.
In this role, you will be liaising with several internal and external teams. A thorough and detailed understanding of all West One Music Group labels and metadata will be required.
- A love of data and experience of manipulating and making sense of big, complex data sets
- Excellent working knowledge of Power Pivot and Excel
- A real passion for tech and a desire to learn and grow
- Experience of WordPress would be advantageous
- Superb communication skills are essential, this role entails liaison between internal and external stakeholders
- An understanding of how a project is run and experience of being part of a successful team within a data or technical environment
- An additional European language would be beneficial but is not essential
- Must have an excellent eye for detail and 100% accuracy
- Must be a team player
We are West One Music Group – a collaborative community of the brightest minds in music, dedicated to producing music for media. We bring together leading composers and artists to create soundtracks for the world’s most creative media – which means music for anything on TV, film, advertising, gaming, radio or online. Born in London in 2002, we now have offices and local production facilities across the globe.
West One Music Group continues to follow the government guidance regarding COVID-19 with the priority of keeping our employees safe and well. West One Music Group employees are currently working remotely and we have no imminent plans for this to change. We will adopt remote recruitment and onboarding process for this role and expect it to be based remotely until government guidance changes, at which point office working will be required.
Inclusion, Diversity and Equity at West One Music Group
West One Music Group is an inclusive working environment and we are committed to equal opportunities, diversity and inclusion, therefore we welcome and encourage applicants from all sections of the community.
Once we have received and filtered CVs and contacted those we’d like to progress further in the recruitment process, we will destroy any record of applications unsuccessful at this stage. We operate our recruitment process in line with GDPR rules and confidentially and securely hold of personal information on CVs / covering letters only for the duration that’s necessary under these guidelines.