Head of Licensing and Creative Services, UK & Ireland
We are West One Music Group, a global production music company focused on bringing visuals to life with our diverse and authentic music catalogue crafted by our creative teams.
Proudly independent since 2002, we have offices and production studios in 15 countries, 13 unique labels and a custom music division.
The role is a dynamic position requiring specialist skills in a range of commercial, creative and leadership responsibilities to take the business to the next level of growth. You will do this through your licensing, team leadership, music and content creation knowledge and skills, and by working in partnership with our Production teams to ensure clients are being presented with the most relevant and exciting music possible.
You’ll be a motivational and inspiring team leader, managing the UK & Irish teams in support. of your licensing and sales efforts, strategy and client needs, as well as being responsible for the unique opportunities presented by our multi-territory position in these markets.
Key Responsibilities Overview (Reporting to Global Head of Sales):
- Identify unique opportunities to create and deliver integrated, sales, creative and licensing initiatives that support our global strategy.
- Foster collaboration, communication and transparency to lead a successful and exciting multi-territory team through leading by example.
- Generate strategic, long-term licensing opportunities within the production company ecosystem.
- Work in partnership with our Production teams to ensure clients are presented with the music that they need.
- Bring initiatives from the Global Head of Sales to the UK & Irish sales and creative services teams, and to our client base.
- Maintain and endorse systems and practices that enable collaborative, effective and transparent team and client interaction.
- Commercially minded with a generative client-first mindset.
- 5+ years leadership experience in the content creation, music and TV production industries.
- Deep understanding of the complexities of creating, distributing and selling content globally.
- Proven track record of licensing success and delivering strategy, able to effectively manage multiple priorities.
- Sound knowledge of music rights management.
- Confident in handling multi-faceted conversations and pitches.
- Experience working with Legal teams in navigating licensing agreements.
- Skilled and enthusiastic networker.
- Experience and interest in all things Music, Tech, Data and Digital.
- Flexible for regular travel within UK and Irish locations for client meetings and events.
How to apply
If you are qualified and excited about this role, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and send your CV with a motivation letter as to why you’d like to apply.
Due to the volume of applications, we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you don’t hear back from us within four weeks, please assume that you have not been selected for consideration.
Please state if you have any accessibility requirements as part of this application. We welcome applicants of all abilities. Please note that our main office is an old Georgian townhouse with no wheelchair access.
Equity, Diversity & Inclusion at West One Music Group
West One Music Group is an inclusive working environment, and we are committed to equal opportunities, diversity and inclusion, therefore we welcome and encourage applicants from all sections of the community.